Remove Your Existing Handle
- Latch your RV door in the open position.
- Remove the 4 screws from the back of your existing handle.
- Remove the two screws from the strike plate on the side of the door.
Install Your keyless Handle
- Carefully place all included installation parts on a flat, non-abrasive, easily accessible surface.
- Gently slide the front of your new handle into the door opening while carefully pulling the wires ahead of the lock. Then, hold the lock in place and attach the new strike plate with the two shorter screws.
- Connect the battery wires. You will hear a confirmation beep when the connection is made. Note: "ON/OFF" switch does NOT need to be in the "ON" position. (This switch only turns on the ability to use a fob/remote)
- Align and attach the back handle wall tucking excess wires into the void. Hold the panel of the back handle closed while inserting the paddle tooth into the front handle housing.
- Use a #2 Phillips screwdriver to install the 4 longer screws. Only tighten the screws enough to keep the lock securely against the door.
- Adjust and straighten the handle in the opening. Once straight, fully tighten the 4 longer screws (be careful not to over tighten).
- Key in the numeric code and press the "LOCK" button on the keypad (default code: "1234"). Your handle should now be functioning correctly. Click here for programming instructions.
- If the handle does not function correctly, press the "CODE RESET" button on the interior handle until you hear a long beep (approximately five seconds). This will reset your keypad code to 1234.
Do NOT place your mechanical keys inside your trailer. Keep them somewhere outside of the trailer, like a Magnetic Hide-a-Key or a glove box so they are available if you need them.
If the door is hard to shut or will not shut tight, simply adjust the strike plate on the jamb side of your door.