Remove Your Existing Handle
- Latch your RV door in the open position.
- Remove the 4 screws from the back of your existing handle.
- Remove the two screws from the strike plate on the side of the door.
Install Your keyless Handle
- Carefully place all included installation parts on a flat, non-abrasive, easily accessible surface.
- Gently slide the front of your new handle into the door opening. Then, hold the lock in place and attach the new strike plate with the two shorter screws.
- Align and attach the back handle. Hold the panel of the back handle closed while inserting the paddle tooth into the front handle housing.
- Use a #2 Phillips screwdriver to install the 4 longer screws. Only tighten the screws enough to keep the lock securely against the door.
- Adjust and straighten the handle in the opening. Once straight, fully tighten the 4 longer screws (be careful not to over tighten).
Do NOT place your mechanical keys inside your trailer. Keep them somewhere outside of the trailer, like a Magnetic Hide-a-Key or a glove box so they are available if you need them.
If the door is hard to shut or will not shut tight, simply adjust the strike plate on the jamb side of your door.